Receive a 10% discount on monthly extended day tuition
First Responders • Military • Medical Professionals • Government Services
Storyline Online Streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Hundreds of GREAT books available for online read alouds! Encourage your child to choose a book of interest and get ready to hear an engaging story. After the video, ask your child to tell you about what happened. What was their favorite part?
- Scholastic Learn at Home Resources Keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own or with their families. Click on PreK-K and let the learning begin!
- PBS Learning Media includes curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for families and students. Select grade level PREK to view Interactive videos featuring Arthur, the Alphabet, Social Emotional Skills, counting, games, science skills, and more.
- PBS KIDS has a variety of free resources to support families at home, including videos, educational games, and family resources. Here you will find Clifford, Word Girl, Daniel Tiger and more, all ready to play and learn!
- ABC of Animals at Cincinnati Zoo - Check out this website for pictures of unique and exciting animals posted from A to Z. Click on the pictures to learn more about the animals, quick facts, maps, and more. This is a great way to practice alphabet letters and learn the science of animals at the same time!
- Sesame Street PBS Kids Resources - Try out the Letter Dance Party with Big Bird, Count Cookies with the Cookie Monster, build stories with the Storybook builder and even learn about rhymes with Grover.
- Unite for Literacy Features a free comprehensive library of books that cover a wide variety of science, math, and social studies topics in multiple language.
- Khan Academy Kids Khan Academy kids starts at the basics of letters, numbers, and social emotional learning and goes through the first grade standards in math, reading, writing and social emotional learning. Families can access over 100 books for independent reading or read aloud.
- KizPhonics – Free online and downloadable worksheets for pre K through 2nd Grade. Online reading games and short stories, reading and handwriting worksheets, online phonics videos and more.
- Cookie.com – Online free learning games as well as downloadable educational worksheets and arts & crafts. Signing up for free enables parent extra benefits including tracking child’s progress.
- Learning Games for Kids - Free preschool educational games in many categories to explore.
- Education.com – Online free learning games, printable worksheets and guided lessons.
- RoomRecess.com – Over 140 free learning games including math, reading and language arts.
- ABCya – Free online educational games separated by grade level pre-k through 6+ (Also available in an App -Download ABCya Games)
- (Ages 3-4) KidVision PreK Online Portal showcases over 100 video field trips, instructional videos, and vocabulary videos. All videos include printable resources and literacy connections. Families can register for a free account and sign in with username and password.
- San Diego Zoo Kids offers fun facts, videos, online games and activities, all supporting the amazing animals at the San Diego Zoo. Videos include live cams of animals and child friendly, super fun, short video clips of animals in their zoo habitat.
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium showcases the ocean animals of Monterey Bay and features live video cams of fish, sharks, jellyfish, sea otters, penguins and more!
- Farm Food 360 REAL FARM in action with 360 views of pigs, cows, sheep, apples, and growing grain.
- PNC Grow Up Great (Ages Birth-5) family everyday learning showcase ways families can turn everyday moments into learning opportunities children.
- The Florida Office of Early Developmental Standards (Ages Birth-5) website features a family page family tips and resources for children and families Birth to Age 5, including videos, websites, calendar activities, and parents first pages.
- Talking is Teaching (Ages Birth -5) Resources for simple tips and ideas on talking, reading and singing with young children during everyday moments. Site includes videos, games, developmental milestones, Talking is teaching has pulled fun tips and resources grounded in the best science, to help you talk, read, and sing with your child every day.
- Ready Rosie is a parent engagement platform through Teaching Strategies. Each brief video details ways parents can take simple interactions and make them meaningful and educational in their every day lives.
What is VPK?
Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten or VPK gives children a jump start by preparing them for school and enhancing their pre-reading, pre-math, language and social skills. By developing the skills children need to become strong readers and students at an early age, children are more likely to be successful in school. VPK classrooms offer high-quality programs that include high literacy standards, developmentally appropriate curricula, manageable class sizes, and qualified teachers.
The Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program – or VPK – is a free prekindergarten program for 4 and 5-year-olds who reside in Florida. Participating children must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st. Parents can enroll their child in the state’s free, Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) education program that year or wait until the following year when their child is 5.