TITLE I SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES FOR HIGH STUDENT ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT Parent-Student-Teacher Compact
Our mission is to provide parents with a positive public-school choice for their child’s education in a safe and nurturing learning environment where high expectations equal high student achievement.
The entire school staff will share the responsibility for improved student achievement; therefore, we will do the following:
- Hold parent/teacher conferences.
- Send frequent reports to parents on their child’s progress.
- Provide opportunities for parents to volunteer and engage in their child’s class and other school functions and observe classroom activities.
- Provide an inclusive, supportive environment conducive to learning.
- Respect the student, their parents, and the diverse culture of the school.
- OCPA is committed to providing timely communication with our stakeholders.
I want my child to reach his/her full academic potential, therefore I will do the following to support my child’s learning:
- Support the school staff in our school’s mission.
- Respect the cultural differences of others and have meaningful conversations about inclusivity and acceptance with my student.
- Establish a time and place for homework and check it regularly.
- Monitor television and movie viewing to include age-appropriate content
- Present myself to my student as a united ally with the school when it comes to expectations for my student.
It is important that I do the best that I can, therefore I will do the following:
- Come to school each day on time with my homework completed and have the supplies that I need.
- Believe in myself, my abilities, and strive to work to the best of these abilities.
- Show respect for myself as I represent my family, as well as my school and all other students.
- Demonstrate respect and consideration for the cultural differences around me. Strive to welcome these differences, understanding that our school’s unique cultural backgrounds are a part of our identity both individually as a whole and should be celebrated as such. Speaking up and starting a conversation when I feel someone has crossed a line, whether intentional or not.
- Students will be supported in understanding the school rules and its importance to safety.
If there are additional comments or suggestions you wish for the school to consider, please let us know in the box below:
I understand that (i) electronically signing and submitting this document(s) is regarded in the same manner as if I had signed in a non-electronic form, and (ii) the electronically stored copy of my signature, any authorization and any other document provided to me, is considered to be the true, accurate and complete record, enforceable to the same extent as if such documents were originally generated and maintained in printed form. Please retain a copy for your files.